Sunday, January 01, 2006

Ok...

New Year's resolutions:

1. I used to keep a card by my desk at work. A Buddha sits upon a hillside and the text reads: "When we understand, things are the way they are. When we don't understand, things are the way they are." I used to cling to this whenever things got stressful or out of hand at work or in life. In the move from one location to another, I lost the card and unfortunately this last year, the sentiment as well. I am recommitting myself to this in the new year. Things are great with Justin, we understand one another and can work through things, but at work there is such a political struggle everyday, our neighbor is crazy, and there are family illnesses on both sides. I can only control so much that happens in life, I need to remember that. Things are the way they are.

2. Justin and I are going to try to eat vegetarian at least 4 days of the week. Neither one of us needs the extra fat and calories and lately we have been conflicted over eating meat often. The other days we will get the meat from free-range providers.

3. Ahh.. this is the hardest for me. I am going to try to not be so gullible. I have trick-me written on my forhead I think. Ya know, having the trust issues that I do, one would think that I wouldn't fall for much. I so want to believe everything everyone tells me. Dating Justin does not help train me for testing people. He may very well be the most honest person on the planet. I never have to worry when he tells me something. This year I have fallen for some silly things causing me to feel like a dork.

So those all seem doable, right? Huh? Maybe? I guess we will see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home