Friday, December 30, 2005

Woo hoo to insomnia –

Eden

The green scent of you

would linger with me for a while,

stay and play childish

tricks on my memories,

making them believe in themselves.

The smell of damp earth

and creation on your hands

kept me company on the drive

back to my own fields.

And now, in the evening,

when the air is still,

I am left only a recognition.

The shape of a branch,

a reminder

of the line, soft and angled,

that defined your smile.



The Effect –

“Fortunately,” she sighed,

“I have noticed a change

in the atmosphere and

in my utmost fear.”

And with a final nod,

she sent the first black

domino on its way, clacking

and colliding with the

next waiting moment.

And when the falling had stopped,

and the room was silent,

a battlefield of fallen

wishes and might-have-beens;

she stood, smoothed her skirts,

and opened the door to follow the wind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home