Thursday, August 18, 2005

yay for waterific aerobic activity

I hurt. My bottom hurts, my shoulders hurt, my arms hurt, I even ache in places that you can't talk about in mixed company, but all in all I feel pretty good about it. I went to the gym last night for my first water aerobics class and it was great!

I decided that I wasn't just going to go to the Water Fitness class at our gym, I was going to hang with the big boys and do the Deep Water Water Fitness class. I spent half the time freaking out that I was going to drown and the other half amazed at what my body would do with a little buoyancy. Because I thought I would just be drifitng about for a little while, I had walked for a little while on the treadmill first. I WON'T do that again. There were only five us in this class compared to the twenty that had shown up for the regular group, but I think we had a better time. It was great to meet people away from work, that I could just commiserate with about thinking my legs were going to fly out of their sockets as the cute lil instructor kept calling out "come on, faster - faster as fast as you can for 3 minutes."

It was fun, and I was congragulated on doing such a good job for my first time, however...I think I got an up on those skinny girls. Trying to keep my ample posterior under the water made my workout twice as difficult. I am gonna be ripped in no time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home