Saturday, January 01, 2005

I have a serious case of wanderlust. This feeling is nothing new. I constantly want to go. Usually this is settled by a weekend trip somewhere, or just an overnight affair. However, I am currently grounded, almost literally. Since November, I have been limited because of a back injury/condition... who knows what it is.

To paraphrase Joni, by way of the Counting Crows, "you don't know what you got til it's gone." Justin egged me on all summer about going for a walk. I, being an ice fisherman by heritage, loathed the idea of spending all evening out in the oppressive heat. Now, I wish I had walked all over Beulah. The ironic, I think this will qualify as ironic, thing is that we had just recently started to go out taking walks with each other in nature-y places. We walked Raven's Run and I thought I would have to have him push me up some of the hills. We went on a weekend trip to Eastern Kentucky just to see the hills and forest, and I think that is when the trouble started. I am not sure if it was the bed or the walk or the drive that aggravated my back, but since then, I have been in nearly constant pain.

I missed Thanksgiving, Justin went to his father's house. They were sweet and thoughtful enough to send leftovers. I missed his birthday, my birthday, Christmas... my favorite time of the year... late fall just faded away from me, and I feel the loss profoundly. Hopefully, with this beginning of a new year, I will be able to move on and get over what is holding me down.

Justin and I are wanting to go to so many places. I have still never been to Chicago, and he really wants to go back, so that is always on our back burner. I, oddly enough, miss Memphis and would like for us to go back there, as well as take a trip on through so Justino can see his mom and sister. I know he misses them a lot, and I feel so bad for that. He sacrificed a lot to move to KY and be with me... and I am the luckiest, most grateful girl in the world.

Anyway... all of that rambling was only to say... Happy New Year world. I hope that next year we can get out on your roads and see the world more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home